The only service laboratory in UPLB specializing in biological sample preparation (e.g. bacteria, plant and animal tissues) for ultrastructure analysis by scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy and light microscopy.
National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
UPLB, College, Laguna
Dr. Lorele C. Trinidad
Position: Laboratory Head
Designation: University Researcher III
Telephone No: (049) 536 - 0587
Fax No: (049) 526 - 0587
- Scanning Electron Microscope, Hitachi S-510
- Transmission Electron Microscope, Hitachi H-300
- Digital Light Microscopy (Olympus Mic-D)
- Critical Point Dryer
- Vacuum Evaporator
Schedule of Fees
|Name of Service||Non-Commercial Rate (in Peso)||Commercial Rate (in Peso)|
|A. SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY
(per batch of 3 samples)
|1. Type A - Biological/ plant tissues, insects, etc. with complete processing and ion coating (max. of 3 images)||5,450.00||6,550.00|
|2. Type B - Microbiologicals, pollen, etc. (max. of 3 images)||4,875.00||5,850|
|3. Type C - Dried samples (max. of 3 images)||3,530.00||4,250.00|
|4. Type D (Non-biological samples) (max. of 3 images)||3,400.00||4,100.00|
|5. Ion Coating (per 3 samples)||300.00/ run||400.00/ run|
|B. TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY (per sample)|
|1. Type A (for thin sectioning with resin embedding)||7,535.00||9,050.00|
|2. Type B (for negative staining)||3,465.00||4,200.00|
|C. LIGHT PHOTOMICROGRAPHY|
|1. Digital Microscope (max. of 5 images/sample)||1,000.00/ hr||1,300.00/ hr|
|2. Polarizing Microscope (max. of 5 images/ sample)||1,100.00/ hr||1,400.00/ hr|
Terms and Conditions
- Additional charges will be required for specimens which require extra time and supplies for preparation.
- All negatives and mounted specimen become the property of EMSL
- The client’s presence is required for the selection of the magnification and area to be photographed.
- An additional P50.00 will be charged for saving files onto a compact disc.
- Payment of 50% of estimated charge is required before any EMSL service starts. Micrographs will only be released after full payment has been made.
Schedule of Fees
|CBC with platelet count||15 - 30 minutes||300.00|
|Blood Chemistry||3 - 5 minutes/ test||200.00|
|Fecalysis, Skin scraping, Fungal exam, Ear Swab||15 - 30 minutes/ test||70.00|
|Vaginal smear, FNAB, Impression smear, Histopathology||1 day||200.00|
|Necrospy||2 - 3 days||500.00 - 1,000.00|