News and Updates
Get updated with what is happening related to UPLB's research and extension activities!
Click on the categories below to view the latest news, announcements and memoranda, or for a more personalized delivery, subscribe to us using our feed.
MEMORANDUM NO. 191
Series of 2014
TO : All Vice Chancellor, Deans, Directors, Department and Unit Heads
SUBJECT : Selection Guidelines for the 2015 UPLB Outstanding Researcher and Research Program/Team Awards; 2015 Outstanding Extension Personnel and Extension Program/Program Awards; and 2015 Outstanding Artist Awards
To honor UPLB faculty and staff demonstrating excellence in research, extension and creative arts, a special recognition in the form of the 2015 Outstanding Researcher and Research Program/Team Awards; 2015 Outstanding Extension Personnel and Extension Program/Project Awards; and 2015 Outstanding Artist Awards will again be given during a convocation commemorating the 106th Foundation Anniversary of UPLB in March 2015.
A three-stage selection process described in the attached selection guidelines shall be initiated at the department/institution level, followed by further evaluation at the college level.
The final selection shall be done by the University committees which shall be constituted by the Chancellor.
In the screening process, the deans, department chairs and/or directors are requested to follow the schedule below:
1) Submission to OVCRE of three (3) sets of the following requirements:
a. Nomination Form
b. Justification Form
c. Accomplishment Summary Form
d. Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
e. Portfolio (Proof of Items)
January 15, 2015
2) Final selection by the University Committee and submission of report to the Chancellor
February 6, 2015
For your information and immediate action.
FERNANDO C. SANCHEZ, JR.
- The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Extension Conference Rooms located at the OVCRE-Annex Building can be utilized by OVCRE supervised-units, research project teams and other university units for meetings, workshops, etc.
- The two (2) conference rooms: OVCRE-Annex Main Conference Room and the Mini-Conference Room has a maximum capacity of 40 and 8 seats respectively. Particularly, the MCR has an 18-seat conference table with 20 surrounding seats, while the Mini Conference Room has an eight-seat conference table.
- Reservation follows a first-come, first served basis. Requesting party may call the OVCRE-Annex to check for the availability of the conference rooms and make reservations.
- The “OVCRE Conference Room Use Agreement Form” must be accomplished and submitted before the scheduled use.
- Audio visual facilities are limited to one projector and screen in the main conference room and a smart TV in the mini conference room. The requesting party must bring their own computer (laptop) and other facilities needed for the meeting.
- The requesting party shall be responsible for the following: setting up of the meeting, returning of furniture and equipment to its original location and leaving room clean and in good condition.
- Food may be served at meetings. Requesting parties are welcome to arrange catering for the meeting, provided that a representative from the group must be present to accept delivery of the food. At the end of the meeting, all food service materials and food waste/left-overs must be removed immediately after the meeting. Note that the OVCRE-Annex Building has no cooking facility nor kitchen counters available for food preparation but we have a small kitchen sink which may be used for small cleaning.
- The requesting party representative shall stay behind until proper inspection of premises has been made and the “OVCRE Conference Room After-Use Inspection Form” has been accomplished.
The National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), Philippines is actively searching for nominees for NAST and DOST awards:
- Outstanding Young Scientist (OYS) Awards
- NAST Environmental Science Award
- TWAS Prize for Young Scientist in the Philippines (Chemistry)
- NAST Talent Search for Young Scientists
- NAST Award for Outstanding Research in Tropical Medicine
- Outstanding Scientific Papers Awards
- Outstanding Book and/or Monograph Awards
- Dr. Gemimiano De Ocampo Medical Research Award
- Outstanding Technology Commercialization (Gregorio Y. Zara Medal)
- Outstanding Research and Development Award
- for Basic Research (Eduardo A. Quisumbing Medal)
- for Applied Research (Julian A. Banzon Medal)
- Outstanding Science Administration Award (Dioscoro L. Umali Medal)
- Magsaysay Future Engineers/Technologists Awards
Deadline of submission of nominations is every last working day of November. Kindly visit www.nast.ph for details.
The Lasallian Institute for Development and Educational Research (LIDER), in collaboration with the Br. Andrew Gonzales College of Education (BAGCED) of De La Salle University Manila, is inviting researchers and staff to submit abstracts for Action Research, Action Learning (ARAL) 2015. The 1st National Congress on Action Research in Education will be held on February 27 to 28, 2015 at De La Salle University Manila, Taft Ave., Manila.