The U.P. Scientific Productivity System (SPS) was approved by the Board of Regents in its 1199th meeting on August 2005.
The SPS aims to: (1) support the development of science and technology and (2) encourage and reward scientific productivity. Deserving scientists shall be conferred the title of “U.P. Scientist” with a monetary award, the U.P. Scientific Productivity Award.
In its February 29, 2008 meeting, the BOR approved the following monetary award to be given to U.P. Scientists who meet the qualifications:
UP Scientist I -- Php 120,000 per annum
UP Scientist II -- Php 144,000 per annum
UP Scientist III -- Php 180,000 per annum
Guidelines and Forms
The resources below are attached:
- Application Forms
- Covered Disciplines
- Minimum Qualification for Initital Appoinment
- Rating System for Evaluation of Nominees
- Retention and Promotion System
UP SPS Timetable
- Deadline for Submission of SPS Applications to the UP System: March 31 of every year
- CUs will issue an earlier deadline for CU evaluation and endorsement to the System.
- Announcement of SPS Awards: not later than June 30 of every year
- SPS Awarding Ceremony: July of every year