In celebration of the National Arts Month, the Office for Initiatives in Culture and the Arts (OICA) of the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) will hold the 3rd Southern Tagalog Arts Festival in February 2014. Propelled by OICA’s commitment to uphold the dynamism and diversity of Filipino culture and encourage the thriving of artistic traditions cultivated in the local soil, this month long arts festivity endeavors to serve as a celebratory and collaborative showcase of artistic expressions richly rooted from the different provinces of the Southern Tagalog region, and a venue to recognize their significant location, not only in the national artistic landscape, but in the global pageant as well.
This grand arts festival will highlight artistic contributions under the six categories:
- BISWAL will showcase drawing, painting, and printmaking;
- LILOK will likewise display sculpture, pottery and ceramics;
- BALAY will exhibit the applied arts such as embroidery, architecture, fashion design and weaving;
- SULAT will exhibit written works in poetry, prose as well as academic researchers;
- TANGHAL will showcase the performative arts;
- USBONG will present new media art forms such as digital art, video and photography.
In this regard, interested individuals and organizations are invited to participate in the third instalment of the Southern Tagalog Arts Festival by submitting proposals that sees the convergence of the organization’s goals and the UPLB Office of Initiatives in Culture and the Arts’ aim to promote the region’s cultural and artistic expression. Each organization is required to accomplish the Project Proposal Form to be submitted no later than August 30, 2013. Forms are available at OICA (DL Umali Hall basement) in hard or soft copy form. Should you have any questions, kindly contact us at (049) 536-3452 and look for Ms. Claudyne Gonzales.