By default, the university implements a public bidding system for the procurement of supplies and materials in accordance to the existing rules and regulations being carried out by the government.
Purchase of the following items is covered by the unit's annual procurement plan:
- Computers, peripherals, software and related supplies
- Tools, instruments, equipment, and machines
- Crop and animal production and processing units
- Laboratory chemicals, medicine and supplies
- Construction and hardware supplies including labor, and
- Other services.
However, postage, gasoline, telephone, janitorial and security services, labor for field activities, and food and vehicle rentals are not covered by the annual procurement plan.
It is thus important for a researcher to plan out the needs of the project and understand the procurement guidelines set by the UPLB Bids and Awards Committee (BAC). A copy of the guidelines can be requested from the BAC or downloaded from the UPLB website.
Bidding documents and procurement manuals from the Government Procurement Policy Board are also available from the Internet at http://www.gppb.gov.ph.